Acne is a common skin disorder that affects millions of people. Acne can be very frustrating and embarrassing especially if you are in your teenage years or even younger. However, there are ways to treat acne naturally. In this article we will discuss what causes acne and how to cure it.
What Causes Acne?
There are many different reasons why you may develop acne. Some of the more common causes are as follows:
* Stress – A lot of stress can cause acne. This is because when you are stressed your body releases hormones that cause your skin to produce excess oil. This then clogs the pores and makes acne appear.
* Hormonal Imbalance – When your hormones are not balanced correctly they can also cause acne. This is because the hormones will affect your body’s natural balance. If your body has too much of one hormone and not enough of another, it will produce excess oil.
* Genetics – If your parents or grandparents had acne you are at a higher risk of having acne yourself. Your genetics can play a huge role in the development of acne.
* Diet – Many foods and drinks can contribute to acne. Foods that are high in sugar, carbohydrates, and fats can cause acne. Also alcohol, caffeine, and spicy foods can also contribute to acne.
* Environmental Factors – If you live in a polluted area you are more likely to develop acne. The air pollution can irritate your skin and cause it to produce oil.
How to Cure Acne Naturally
If you want to learn how to cure acne naturally, you should first understand what causes acne. Once you know what causes acne you can then choose the right treatments to help you. You should also remember that acne is usually not a life threatening condition but it can make you feel self-conscious. So you should look for the right treatments that will help you to feel better about yourself.